UT 2008 December 08
Observers: N.Ageorges, W.Seifert, M.Juette, F.Eisenhauer, D.Thompson
Telescope Operator: D.Gonzalez-Huerta
SW Support: T.Edgin, on call
Data will eventually be copied to /Repository/LUCIFER_Data/20081205/
- 15:20 Started walk-through, telescope checkout.
- 15:30 LBC Blue filled with LN2
- 16:00 Test preset completed successfully.
- Encoders reset (worked the first time)
- 16:07 AGW motors homed (not stopped or restarted)
- 16:12:29 Telescope at zenith, rotator at 341, turned over to LUCIFER Team
16:14 Weather: outside temp 0.7C, RH 81% and rising, 10m/s wind (SMT 1m/s). Currently completely cloudy, occasional snow this afternoon.
We remained closed the entire night. LUCIFER Team continued with calibration unit, working on flexure compensation and other things.
Astrometric data from a previous night shows no trends with time or EL, and rms variations in scale throughout the night are at the 0.028% level. There is marginal evidence for slightly larger variations from one night to the next (0.04%), but more analysis of exisiting data is needed.
- 05 Dec 2008