How to restart the software running the Adaptive Secondary units.
- 1 -: put the chosen unit (DX or SX) in the SAFE state and power it off using the AOS GUI.
- 2 -: open a terminal linked to ASM workstation(flao@adsecdx or flao@adsecsx, NOTE: these to machines are currently running CentOS
5, if the software is run on the new machines wth CentOS
6 use instead AOeng2@dxadsec and AOeng2@sxadsec) and execute:
Note: this kills and restarts the AdSec
software running the particular unit.
- 3 -: from the same terminal open a browser:
konqueror & (for flao@adsecdx or flao@adsecsx on CentOS 5) or firefox & (this is for AOeng2@dxadsec and AOeng2@sxadsec)
- Go to the MOXA device by entering the IP address directly in the URL bar (The IP for the MOXA are 192.168.11.150 (DX) and 192.168.13.150 (SX)) Note: The SX can only be reached from the terminal that is logged into the SX adsec machine and vice versa.
- Follow: -> Main Menu, -> Network Settings, -> General Settings) and press "ClearAlarm"
- Restart the device.
- Go back to: -> Main Menu, -> Network Settings, -> General Settings and verify that the alarm was cleared
Note: this restarts the MOXA watchdog, necessary to catch any possible network interruption in the future.
Note: Not executing this last step puts the hardware at risk!
- 25 Jan 2013